Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Salyards Family Reunion

My Grandma Marge (Mills) Salyards...had 13 brothers and sisters. Can you imagine having that many children...I remember asking my great grandma how they went places...she said they walked everywhere like a bunch of ducks...Grandma is a huge inspiration to me...grandma marge that is...life was not easy for her...she grew up in a large family caring for her younger siblings and then got married to my pap. They had five children...FIVE...can you imagine...Pap and Gram had a rough life that changed pretty drastically after they came to know the Lord and then became pastors...and I can attest that is not an easy calling...but gram is always smiling, happy and fun loving. She can make light of every situation and always offers hope that it will get better...I just adore her...
Every year there is a Mills reunion with all her sisters and brothers and I have not been to one in many years...it was kind of sad how few folks were there. Many of them have passed on. I remember going to these with so many people...even my senior year of high school there was just so many people...this time not so much...not even my own aunts and uncles were able to all make it...we had a great time though and the most memorable experience was my grandma playing in the creek with my kids. Grandma is my earthly hero...she shows LIFE always...and really truly has the JOY of the Lord...here's some pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment