Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The RUMOR WEED

Warning this is one of those read with caution these are just my thoughts statements...don't be offended...this is something I have walked out in the last two weeks and want to blog about for other and to remind me in the future my thoughts and revelations...
So yesterday the boys were watching a Larry Boy-Veggie Tales cartoon called The Rumor Weed...she sings a little song...I'm the Rumor Weed...a tiny little story is all I need to make a big mess out of everything...
Whoa would that preach! God's really been revealing to me the extent of my nosiness...I've always considered myself to be a person that doesn't get into everyone's business and I'm the first to judge someone who does...but the Lord has really been revealing my dirt...to me! Thank Goodness he's not a rumor weed...anyway...
I hear this statement several times a week...
Have you heard or
I figured it was a small town and you've heard
I'm surprised you haven't heard yet...
Sometimes I am the most CLUELESS person of all...I have no clue what's going on in the lives of folks around me...I usually knock that up as a bad thing that I'm not sensitive to those around me. In contrast I'm beginning to think that is somewhat of a good way to be. Usually someone can be talking about something right in front of me and I block them out...and that all being said God still revealed to me MY NOSINESS...MY HAVE YOU HEARDS...and this is something I want to work on in my own life and something I hope y'all do to...is it necessary to even say "have you heard"...chances are you weren't on a need to hear basis or you would've already heard...
So this week I tried something new and I'm loving it...when someone says have you heard or gives that awkward pause while they're waiting to spread some news...I just said nope I haven't but I really don't want to...or I don't respond to their awkward pause...
Y'all don't take this as anyone or any situation in particular...this has been with Shawn's dad's estate drama and several family situations as well as this wonderful tiny town I live in here in Keyser...so if you're wondering...I really don't know and if you ever want me to know...better tell me yourself...cause I"m gonna keep being clueless and wait for God to tell me who to talk to and increase my sensitivity to the people he wants me to reach...
We christians chalk it up to needing to know in order to pray...if we are hearing from God he will talk to us and say...this person needs you right now...call them...and if your mind isn't so clouded by the junk around us...WE JUST MIGHT HEAR HIM...just a thought...don't shoot me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment