Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Just when I thought I was gonna lose my mind

So the day started with Evan falling from the couch, Jake spilling an entire cup of soap, Ben swearing Jacob swallowed a small ball (still not sure if that's true) and locking myself out of the car.
Then I went to the movies to meet my lovely mother in law who wanted to get all her babies together for a movie (she's so sweet) and the movie theatre charged me 9 dollars for Jacob,,9 dollars folks...then poured my $4 soda flat froma stinkin warm 2 litre bottle...then Jake wouldn't sit for the movie and after many stares from others, one spilled popcorn (mine) and 4 bathroom breaks (not kidding the kid legitimitely went to the bathroom 4 times in 30 minutes) I decided I'd take him kicking and screaming and we would sit in the middle of the mall with Baby evan...he screamed and cried and complained for ONE HOUR...then...we go to Wal Mart to get some necessities and got ripped off twice by a little toy vending machine (THIS IS WHY I DON"T GO TO THE MALL FOLKS) Then Evan spit up all over me and I got the car just to think I maybe locked myself out again...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
THEN...
We are leaving the mall and at the stoplight there stands a man with a sign (Painter, out of work, will work for food) and Ben asks...Mommy what does that sign say...I tell him...he says why does he have no food I said I guess he doesn't have any money...he says well mommy let's go get him food...I say Ben it may not be safe to wind down the window and give him food...Ben says God will protect you mommy...he's hungry...SO we went to the bank and got $5 out...I said Ben pick where you think we should get food and he said maybe we should just give him the money...so we did! We wound that window down a crack and I handed out the money...do you know what my 5 year old yelled out the window...JESUS LOVES YOU!
So I spent the rest of my half hour ride home crying...so proud...yet so disappointed in my initial response...I guess that's why Jesus saidAnd calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

(Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment