Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tearful school decisions

With a new baby on the way the question has been asked by my sweet husband...to homeschool or not to homeschool?  I don't think as a teenager or even college student I could have ever imagined how difficult it is to make decisions that WILL effect your children for life.  The stress is immense...I want so badly for God to just write his plan for each of my children out in an instruction manual that I can follow in detail to ensure I am leading them down the path designed for them to become awesome caring intelligent full of faith trusting in God men of God...but instead God gave me and Shawn these children to raise.
So let me tearfully place these thoughts out there for mom's like me...
Staying at home with my kids the past two years and schooling them has been one of the biggest challenges of all of my life.  Its very difficult to maintain patience, I often give myself time outs and because I don't have "evaluations" I am lead to be the chief evaluator of myself.  I am unsure if I am "doing things right" and constantly feel disappointed that what I am doing is enough.  Surprising coming from a woman lead by The Lord and living consistently feeding on God's word right?
What I have discovered is that I am and will always be who I am...my weaknesses, inconsistencies, insecurity is all part of God's way of showing off through me...he takes them and makes them into a stronger than I think, constant, secure amazing mom and teacher of my children.
SO the thought of my children attending public school...brings tears equivalent with a waterfall.  I see it as my failure to school my children...inconsistency in their life and it plagues me at the thought of someone else teaching and influencing my children...
I have read the statistics of homeschool, private and public schools...I have read books on each...I've taken numerous college classes on child development...and still...there is not enough information for me to make a decision homeschool, public or private that makes COMPLETE SENSE...so I'm trusting in my husband and my Heavenly Father to make his ways known...for now...I will tearfully prepare that my children may be going to school next year...and attempting not to have a nervous breakdown.

1 comment: