Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fear

I've always had an issue with fear. It's been one of those spirits and things that the devil has used since I was a little girl to keep me from what I "could" be doing.
It's 5:30am in the morning and I have spent the last half hour praying that God release this spirit from me once again.
I've discovered that God takes it from me every time; he does not wish for his children to live in fear. I remember when I was a little girl crying in my bed at night shaking horribly in so much fear. My dad would usually come in climb in my bed and let me lay on his chest. I know it kept him from sleep and I'm sure he probably laid there wondering...why is she so fearful...I would never let anything happen to her...
Can't help but think that's the way my heavenly father is too...each time Satan tries to cast this fear over me he comes in holds me in his huge chest and casts that fear out and then probably wonders...why is she so fearful...I have her in the palm of my hand.
My illegitimate fear today...being alone...I am convinced that Shawn CANNOT leave me early...and I remember saying that about 100 times last night at the funeral...how ridiculous of me...My heavenly father...knows...everything...and he is taking care of me and Shawn...so I just wanted to share in case anyone else struggles with fear...GOD IS IN CONTROL! He's like our father with a big chest to lay on when we're fearful but just like my dad there is nothing he wouldn't do to protect his children...he does not desire that we feel pain...but Satan comes to kill and destroy. I will not let him destroy my sleep...GOD WILL PREVAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment