Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life as we know it

If I take about ten steps back and look at the world around me I am so surprised God hasn't set this place we call earth ablaze...I mean we literally worship every other idol but Him.
I clocked my hours on the internet a day and although I post things several times a day it's kind of a on and off thing...but yesterday I clocked my time on the internet I spend about 40 minutes on the internet give and take every day...
How much time do I give my heavenly father...about 40 minutes give or take in one on one time a day...WHY I ASK?
What if life as I know it was changed...what if I had no internet, no cell phone, just me and the world...would I spend my days the same...I'm not sure.
Interesting to think about...
My prayer today...
God keep me on the straight and narrow...help my words be yes or no based on your commandments and law...help me to not compare myself to my brothers and sisters in the Lord...help me to communicate your love through the "internet"...may my words be an offering of praise to you...may I only say what would "build others up" instead of tear down...may those who read my posting and see my photos and blogs see you...not me...see your light...open up the doors for me to share you...publicly...as our communication ways have changed and now include the internet may my communication to others show you...shine your light...
AMEN
Scriptures to ponder:
1 Thessalonians 4:9
Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. 10 And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Galations 6:4
New International Version (©1984)
Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,

No comments:

Post a Comment