Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Living Here

So, we keep getting asked...what's it like raising kids on a college campus. We usually respond that we love living here and that it allows our children to meet a diverse range of people.
Today, I'm thinking...umm...been there done that ready to move on...lol.
Did you ever have a day like that? Where it just seems like you are sick of your current situation and are needing a change. There are days when a little house on a hill with a driveway and a mailbox that matches my house looks so appealing. Today is that day...these students are so loud that I have tried to take a nap and I just can't get myself to close my eyes between the basketballs and weights and jumpropes upstairs...stinkin active skinny college kids using the gym...haha...why can't they be more like me in college...lay around and eat!
Anyway, God reminded me today as I was trying to sleep that I am in a mission field...very much like living in Africa and witnessing to people who are surrounded by warfare....this is a mission field...tons of people many who would just like a hug...or to be loved...or to not worry about whether they have a home to go home to...so that is the way I'm going to get through today...I'm gonna love these noisy crazy college students.

No comments:

Post a Comment