Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The downside of candy




Ok, so I grew up loving Easter. I mean what's not to love...Christ ROSE from the dead, we get a new dress and lots of chocolate...it's awesome...not to mention the full course meal and lots of laying around. Well, now I'm a mom this is how I see it...


I am still rejoicing that I am redeemed because of his blood...thank you Jesus!


HOWEVER, I am now the one shopping for these stinkin Easter clothes and when you have boys there is sometimes such a limited selection that you are stuck pinning your 7mo. old's clothes to him to make them fit...I mean c'mon how comes the girls section is the size of Texas and the boys are stuck with Connecticut...it's ridiculous.


Then, the candy...the candy is a whole other story. The "easter bunny" brings candy followed by friends bringing candy and the sunday school teacher bringing candy, grandparents...UGH! What's up with all this candy. I mean seriously when I was a kid we got one chocolate bunny and a handful of jelly beans in the grass of our basket. Now my kids get Filled Easter Eggs, Reese Cup Eggs, M & M's full bags...wow! They are truly blessed...not to mention the DVD's, pencils, frisbee's, toys, I mean wow!


So, now comes the problem here I am mom knowing that my kids teeth are going to turn green and fall out so in order to help it along what do I do FiLL MY OWN BELLY FULL...hahahaha...so here I am at 9:30 at night hopped up on Easter Candy I secretly stole from my kids basket....lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment