Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

CONSUME at Camp Harmony

So last week my wonderful hubby was the guest speaker at Consumed...a youth camp that combined three youth groups at Camp Harmony is PA. What an awesome week! They kindly allowed me and my three kids to come along with daddy so it was really exciting for us. Although somewhat stressful being mommy in the heat with no ac and a 5, 2 and 11 week old I was so amazingly blessed by all the youth that were there...they loved on my kids just as much as I did...as if we knew each other forever!
So it occurred to me today that's what I love about youth ministry...for the most part youth are so loving...they want to love something and they will...and they want something or someone to love them back...just like we do!
Youth have a passion for things that you just don't have after you have turned 19+...they have an energy about them...and a curiosity...if only we could have a little bit of that...
Well the boys had a blast and Ben especially loved the pool...I forgot my camera though so I have no pics to share but here are some funny highlights...ya know how the Twigg Family rolls...in all out chaos...
Mommy takes the kids to the store...why? I brought Jakey with only one sandal...only to purchase sandals that hurt Jake's feet 10 feet after putting them on...so back we go to return only to find out that daddy took my check card so I can't afford any other sandals in the store except the ones my child has had his stinky feet in that hurt him...ha!
So God sends the most amazing sight...A PAIR THAT FITS AND is an EVEN EXCHANGE...sorry lady that runs the shoe store I know I peed in your Wheaties but get over it it's just shoes...
Then...Jake is just standing in front of about 10 youth outside the chapel on the concrete and he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired that he's blowing bubbles half asleep when all the sudden he goes...oh no I peed mommy...yup pee all over the concrete where over 100 youth are about to leave and walk over...so what do I do...well of course I dump his bubbles on the pee followed by a bottled water swish it around with my feet and run back to our cabin...:)
Ben decides he wants to go on a water slide...so HANK takes him (this random musclular high schooler) he seems to do just fine with Ben...so mommy volunteers to take him after he's wore Hank out...I get to the top of the steps btw folks how comes skiiers get a lift and water sliders have to walk up 10000 steps...why not install a lift people...lol ...so anyway I'm completely winded and I sit down at the top of the slide on top of my little foam mat (that only covers a quarter of my butt) and whoosh down I go no mat no Ben on my lap...:) FUN FUN...While Hank yells Ms Renee are you ok? Where's Ben? I respond in my drowning voice "I HAVE NO CLUE!"
Mother of the year folks...:)
Then Ben falls out of his bed...approximently 12 inches to the ground and about breaks his finger...the nail is falling off people...
I start to walk to the dining area only to have my flip flop break while pushing a double stroller across gravel with three kids...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
I say all this to say we still had an AMAZING time at youth camp and with almost 30 people giving their heart to the Lord I consider it a successful trip...
If any of you folks that organize this camp read this please no...
WE WERE SO THANKFUL that you invited us...and I am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing camp even for just this one year...you guys are devoted and obviously LOVE GOD and your YOUTH with everything!
Thanks for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment